Yellow Duck - Pop up Sponge
Yellow Duck - Pop up Sponge
Introducing our Yellow Duck Pop-Up Sponge, inspired by one of nature's most adorable creatures! This eco-friendly and reusable kitchen sponge is the perfect zero waste swap for your kitchen. Made of 100% vegetable cellulose (wood pulp), these kitchen sponges provide the same feel and functionality as traditional sponges but without the environmental impact.
They are completely plant-based, plastic-free, and compostable, making them an excellent choice for sustainable living. Upgrade your kitchen cleaning routine with our Yellow Duck Pop-Up Sponge and join the movement towards a greener future.
Buy a Set of 3 Furry Friends Pop up Sponges by Plantish Future!
Dry: 11 x 10cm or 4.33 x 3.93in
Wet: 10.5 x 12cm or 4.13 x 4.72in
durable: safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more
- non-scratch: natural cellulose sponge creates generous foams and lather, so it is powerful enough to cut through greases and grime. at the same time, our sponge provides gentle agitation that won’t scratch your fine china and glasses
- 100% compostable and biodegradable: these pop-up sponges are made from 100% biodegradable plant-based cellulose that are safe for your home and our planet
- quick-drying: vegetable cellulose fiber is naturally durable and breathable, allowing the sponge to air dry quickly without collecting nasty smells.
- multi-purpose: these Pop-up kitchen sponges will meet your daily needs from washing your dishes and utensils to cleaning your kitchen countertops and sinks
- soak sponge in water and wait for it to expand
- use as regular normal sponge
- when smelly, boil sponge in water for a few minutes and air dry
- ideally dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
Why are cellulose sponges better than plastic ones?🧐
- kitchen sponges are exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges take thousands of years to break down. it's recommended to use cellulose sponges which can be sanitized/disinfected in hot water (not recommended for plastic sponges)
- traditional sponges can shed microplastics which can make their way into our water cycle and end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
Plantish only ships to USA and Canada right now; however, we hope to ship internationally in the future.
More details available on Shipping Policy.
CUTTING PLASTIC OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Studies have found that many of our liquid dish soaps contain chemicals that are toxic to our wildlife, especially the aquatic community. Not to mention the plastic and excess water, making the switch to a plant-based bar is both better for our environment and your wallet!
Natural vs Plastic
Made with vegetable cellulose, making it both compostable and biodegradable
Vegetable cellulose is naturally durable and breathable
Powerful enough to cut through grease but gentle for delicate glasses
Takes hundreds of years to break down and decompose
Many have used toxic chemicals to be anti-odour or anti-bacterial
Can shed microplastics, making their way into our oceans & drinking water
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"
From Ink Blots to Grass Stains: Conquer Every Stain with a Versatile Remover!
Shower Space Savers: How Soap Dishes Maximize Storage in Your Bathroom
Beyond the Kitchen: Surprising Uses of Pop-Up Sponges in the Shower
Level Up Your Camping Game: Embracing Reusables for a Greener Adventure!