Refillable Bamboo Toothbrush (Canada Only)
Our refillable bamboo toothbrush is an eco-friendly alternative to the typical plastic toothbrush. The bamboo handle is 100% compostable and the bristles are bio-based Nylon 1010 produced from castor oil, NOT petroleum-based, like other nylon bristles out there. As of now, there is no better product in the market that is both biodegradable and vegan (e.g., horsehair toothbrush).
Did you know? It's estimated that over 4 billion toothbrushes end up in landfills, or worse, in the sea.
Due to US customs regulations, toothbrushes cannot be purchased by US customers.
- bamboo-based: bamboo is not only sustainable but one of the fastest-growing plants. It uses 1/3 less water than cotton to grow, self-replenish, & more economical than other woods
- soft bristles: bristles are much finer than normal so they get fully between the teeth and leave a nice polish
- eco-friendly: an easy eco-friendly swap that makes a huge impact on the planet
- brush as instructed by dentists
- replace head in 3 months
- bristles: use a tweezer or pliers to remove the bristles from the head to recycle or throw them in the garbage if your city does not accept Nylon 1010 in its recycling scheme.
- handle: upcycle or compost (return to soil in 6 months)
- best kept in an open, dry area rather than an enclosed container where water accumulates
Q: are there 100% compostable & vegan bamboo brushes?
A: yes (and no...)!
- bamboo toothbrushes with horsehair or pig hair are 100% compostable, but they're not vegan and there's no way to guarantee a cruelty-free process
- bio-based bristles are made from castor oil but not biodegradable
- although these bristles will eventually return to the soil, you may recycle them at your local recycling facility or with Terracyle®
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"
I love the idea of this toothbrush since I'm trying to implement more environmentally-conscious behaviors into my daily routine! It came in exactly as pictured, and I couldn't be more excited to use it. The brush is a bit heavier and bigger than previous toothbrushes I've used, but I've accustomed to the weight and size in about a week. The bristles on the brush are a little too stiff for me, as my gums are on the sensitive side, so I'll be switching to softer bristles for my next purchase. Additionally, after about a month of using this product, the brush head doesn't fit into the base as well as it initially did. I still love this product and what it stands for, but this isn't quite a perfect match for me.
They're great, I love them! They seem to be good quality and the bristles aren't too hard
I intentionally waited to leave a review on this toothbrush until I had used it and used a refill as well and I am so so so impressed with how this tooth brush has lasted. It is still in great condition, the head stays on and does not get loose after being on the brush for a long time. The wood does not chip or flake at all. This is my new forever brush!!
Just as listed, arrived fast, works great. Thanks!
I like these toothbrushes so much! The fact the heads are replaceable is the best because I know I'm doing my small part to help planet earth!