Wildfire Fishing Expedition - Now Pop Up
Hi friends! 👋 This collab sponge comes from Now Pop Up x Plantish Future. Meet the escapist Wildfire Fishing Expedition 🎣 🔥
Featuring a globe figure fishing amidst wild flames, this plant-powered pal knows just how to unwind. Its detailed design reminds us each use that relaxing escapes are out there - all we need to do is cast our cares away. Lighthearted levity for your chores, so real-life wildfires can't burn as bright.
Buy a Set of 3 I'm Fine Pop Up Sponges Here!
- Dry: 10.6 x 10.6cm or 4.17 x 4.17in
- Wet: 11.6 x 11.6cm or 4.56 x 4.56in
- Thickness: Dry: 0.5cm Wet: 4cm
- durable: safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more
- non-scratch: natural cellulose sponge creates generous foams and lather, so it is powerful enough to cut through greases and grime. at the same time, our sponge provides gentle agitation that won’t scratch your fine china and glasses
- 100% compostable and biodegradable: these pop-up sponges are made from 100% biodegradable plant-based cellulose that are safe for your home and our planet
- quick-drying: vegetable cellulose fiber is naturally durable and breathable, allowing the sponge to air dry quickly without collecting nasty smells.
- multi-purpose: these pop-up kitchen sponges will meet your daily needs from washing your dishes and utensils to cleaning your kitchen countertops and sinks
- soak sponge in water and wait for it to expand
- use as regular normal sponge
- when smelly, boil sponge in water for a few minutes and air dry
- ideally dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
- Now Pop Up is a creative company that produces sustainable cleaning supplies. They make eco-friendly sponges, scourers and more from materials like vegetable fibers as alternatives to plastic. Now Pop Up's goal is spreading smiles while caring for the planet through sustainable pops of color, character and joy.
Why are cellulose sponges better than plastic ones?
- kitchen sponges are exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges take thousands of years to break down. it's recommended to use cellulose sponges which can be sanitized/disinfected in hot water (not recommended for plastic sponges)
- traditional sponges can shed micro plastics which can make their way into our water cycle and end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
CUTTING PLASTIC OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Studies have found that many of our liquid dish soaps contain chemicals that are toxic to our wildlife, especially the aquatic community. Not to mention the plastic and excess water, making the switch to a plant-based bar is both better for our environment and your wallet!
Natural vs Plastic
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"