Loofah Dishwashing Sponge
Our unbleached and hand-cut loofah sponge is the best eco friendly dish sponge with 100% natural fibers. This makes it the ideal sponge for dishwashing and cleaning larger surfaces like stove tops and counter spaces with ease. It's completely compostable and the perfect eco friendly alternative to plastic cleaning tools!
100% compostable, loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
- natural plant: made from 100% loofah (luffa) plant
- anti-bacterial & easy to clean: compared to plastic, loofah is anti-bacterial and can be disinfected by boiling in water
- effective & non-scratch: safe to clean food scraps and stain stuck on cast iron stainless steel, and non-stick cookwae
- scrub pots, dishes, and other surfaces with dish soap as needed
- the loofah will start foaming up from the soap with from a well scrubbing
- ideally, dry completely between uses
- when an odour occurs, boil in water to kill bacteria and get rid of odour
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- placing them near the window or well-ventilated areas
- place in green bin to compost or directly compost in backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fiber in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating potting mix, pest resistant, and to use as bedding in worm bins
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
Plantish only ships to USA and Canada right now; however, we hope to ship internationally in the future.
More details available on Shipping Policy.
CUTTING PLASTIC OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Studies have found that many of our liquid dish soaps contain chemicals that are toxic to our wildlife, especially the aquatic community. Not to mention the plastic and excess water, making the switch to a plant-based bar is both better for our environment and your wallet!
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"
Great natural sponge. Seller was communicate about shipping process. Very satisfied.
There is a learning curve with the loofah if you are used to using the blue scotch-brite sponges. The loofah is firmer than manmade sponges, not as flexible, does not hold onto liquids, and has difficulty getting into small corners/areas. However, I do like it's compostable, doesn't smell, gentle on my dishes/utensils, and dries quickly. Because it doesn't have a lot of scrubbing power, I recommend pairing the loofah with a sturdy brush for more tough stains.
Arrived quickly good product :)
I'm keep returning for these! They expand so much and are great at scrubbing dishes. Then they dry so fast as well so they don't smell bad!
Exactly as described and came very quickly! This is the second time I've ordered from the shop and I'll definitely do so again.