Introducing Our zero-waste, eco-friendly sponges - the perfect alternative to plastic dish sponges. Crafted from wood pulp and loofah, these reusable bamboo-textured sponges embody eco chic while reducing your environmental impact.
The white part is spongy and absorbent, made of wood pulp while the yellow-brown part is scrubby and helps soap become sudsy, made of loofah.
Loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
- durable: tough for stubborn dirt and safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware, and much more
- non-scratch: being non-scratch, they won't leave any scratches or marks on your dishes, pans, kitchen counters, windows, etc
- eco-friendly:100% compostable and biodegradable
- quick-drying: no bad smell
- soak the sponge in water
- use as a regular normal sponge
- dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
- according to several research institutes, experts recommend changing kitchen sponges once a week due to the exposure to hundreds of different types of bacteria, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges and scouring pads aren't easy to break down; it takes hundreds of years to do so
- traditional sponges shed microplastics, which can't be filtered out by water treatment plants. they make their way into our water cycle, which can end up in our rivers, oceans, and drinking water
- its versatility is great for washing and scrubbing all sorts of surfaces, even outside the kitchen
- the softer side is suitable for cleaning low-maintenance items such as utensils, bowls, plates, walls, windows
- its abrasive side is suitable for scrubbing stubborn dirt and cleaning sinks or baths
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
CUTTING PLASTIC OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Studies have found that many of our liquid dish soaps contain chemicals that are toxic to our wildlife, especially the aquatic community. Not to mention the plastic and excess water, making the switch to a plant-based bar is both better for our environment and your wallet!
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"
I'm a repeat customer - good quality and fast service as always!
Order arrived quickly and everything was perfect! Thanks!
The sponge is sturdy and lathers the bar of soap very well. The smell is neutral, which I really appreciate! I like the brush a little less because I find the bristles stiff, but that's just my preference. ;-)
Espere un poco para poder dejar mi comentario ya que no puede decir si es bueno o no y pues ya que lo profile lo recomiendo. Buen producto
Compare well to eco sponges I've gotten other places. Looks pretty durable for a sponge, I'm happy with it.