3 minutes to read
I’ll admit, I bought a lot from Plantish even before joining the team. Most of them were for my kitchen to give it an eco-friendly makeover but the one I wanted to share with you was the Coconut Bottle Brush.
Was it worth the investment? Absolutely! It was one of the first I tried out and it really changed up my cleaning routine. So, let me give you a breakdown of why and give you a little more info on the brush.
Price: $8.50 CAD + taxes
- Easy to use
- Sturdy brush
- Doesn't scratch
- Doesn't fit in smaller openings
- Maybe be a little too short
Summary of the blog:
What is a Coconut Bottle Brush?
There are a lot of different brushes out there but if you had to choose just one, this is the one you got to pick. The Coconut Bottle Brush easily covers all those bottles, dishes, and cups without an inch of plastic involved.
It’s natural, with the brush head made with fibres from coconut husks, and a handle made out of bamboo. Because of these materials, this makes it environmentally friendly and also safer for you to use.
Brushes that you see in stores on the other hand are usually made of plastic and aside from them not being eco-friendly, I personally have had a lot of issues using them. Have a look at our Instagram post to see a comparison between the two!
- All-natural: Made with coconut husk, naturally oil resistant without any of those chemicals, plastic or BPA.
- Safe and worry-free: Contains no toxins or worries about micro-plastics passed to the food, dishes, or the environment.
- Non-scratch: Safe to use, even on those cast iron or stainless steel cookware.
- Easy to use: The handle is non-slip and made so that it fits to the shape of your hand.
- Hang to dry: I personally put it in a holder by my sink but there's hanging loop for you to hand to dry!
To give you a better idea on the size, here's the brush's dimensions: 23 cm / 9.1 in (L) x 3 cm / 1.2 in (W)
*If you think that the length is too small or the head is a bit too big, I recommend trying out the Set of 5 Sisal Bottle Brushes*
My Opinion / Recommendation
If I could have only 1 dish brush, this would be the one.
I never thought I'd be this excited about a brush before, nonetheless cleaning - that's adult life for you. I overall LOVE this bottle brush. I use it on all my dishes. There is good scrubbing power and is a very easy hold. Personally, the length can be a little too short for me but I know some of my friends think it's a perfect size (I know everyone has their preference).
If you are looking for something of a smaller head to fit those small narrow openings, make sure to check out the Set of 5 Sisal Bottle Brushes. It's great for items like a swell water bottle with a narrow opening.
If you are a minimalist, an environmentalist and not into overspending or overconsumption, this is the product for you!
Check out our TikTok on the Coconut Brush!
@plantishfuture Guily as charged 🙋🏻♀️ This is your sign to clean your water bottle 🧼 #smallbusiness #plantish #plasticfree #natural #fyp ♬ Window and Floor - Official Sound Studio
Other Related Cleaning Brushes
- Sisal Dish Brush
- Sisal & Palm Pot Scrubber
- Sisal & Palm Vegetable Brush
- Set of 5 Sisal Bottle Brushes
What are You Waiting for? Try it Out Today!