Solid Dish Soap Sponge Scrubber Bundle
Our set of 3 pop up kitchen cleaning sponges and plastic free pot scrubber pair perfectly with our solid dish soap! Made of 100% vegetable cellulose (wood pulp), these kitchen sponges feel and function like traditional sponges but are completely plant-based and compostable.
Swap your plastic dish brushes with our sisal and palm pot scrubber! Effectively cleans all your dirty dishes without scratching the surface.
Our solid dish soap lasts longer than traditional liquid soap and suds well to effectively cut grease and stubborn stains. This bundle set makes the perfect eco friendly gift that will be well loved for anyone looking to minimize waste in their kitchen!
Dry: 11 x 9cm or 4.33 x 3.54in
Wet: 10 x 12cm or 3.93 x 4.72in
durable: safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more
- non-scratch: natural cellulose sponge and sisal and palm pot scrubber creates generous foams and lather, so it is powerful enough to cut through greases and grime. at the same time, our sponge provides gentle agitation that won’t scratch your fine china and glasses
- 100% compostable and biodegradable: these pop-up sponges are made from 100% biodegradable plant-based cellulose that are safe for your home and our planet
- quick-drying: vegetable cellulose fiber is naturally durable and breathable, allowing the sponge to air dry quickly without collecting nasty smells.
- multi-purpose: these Pop-up kitchen sponges will meet your daily needs from washing your dishes and utensils to cleaning your kitchen countertops and sinks
fragrance-free: non-irritating on the skin
- soak sponge in water and wait for it to expand
- lather pop up sponge or pot scrubber against our solid dish soap bar to create a generous lather
- when smelly, boil sponge in water for a few minutes and air dry
Pop Up Sponges
- ideally dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
Sisal & Palm Pot Scrubber
- rinse with water after each use and air dry with the bristle facing down
- clean bristles (as needed) with vinegar to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water to prevent cracks
- avoid placing in dishwasher
- place away from high heat or flames
Solid Dish Soap Bar
- place soap on top of soap dish to dry
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins
Why are cellulose sponges better than plastic ones?🧐
- kitchen sponges are exposed to hundreds of different types of bacteria and experts recommend changing them once a week, which is problematic because plastic kitchen sponges take thousands of years to break down. it's recommended to use cellulose sponges which can be sanitized/disinfected in hot water (not recommended for plastic sponges)
- traditional sponges can shed microplastics which can make their way into our water cycle and end up in our rivers, oceans and drinking water
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
CUTTING PLASTIC OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Studies have found that many of our liquid dish soaps contain chemicals that are toxic to our wildlife, especially the aquatic community. Not to mention the plastic and excess water, making the switch to a plant-based bar is both better for our environment and your wallet!
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"