4 minutes to read
When all you want to do after a long day is relax, doing your skincare routine can be the last thing you want to do. Makeup is a beautiful way to express ourselves, be creative and enhance our natural beauty. However, as much as we love wearing different makeup looks, taking it all off at the end of the day is both daunting and creates tons of waste.
But it is something you shouldn’t skip out on either as leaving your makeup or even using the wrong makeup remover can cause skin irritation, breakouts, and leave behind residue, leading to clogged pores.
That's why it's important to choose the right makeup remover that is gentle on your skin and effectively removes all traces of makeup to let your skin glow. Something that reusable cotton rounds can easily cover and is a much more sustainable alternative.
- Ditch single-use cotton facial pads, they’re worse than you think
- How do I use reusable cotton rounds?
- Pair reusable cotton rounds with the right makeup remover to suit your skincare
- Get the most out of your skincare
Ditch single-use cotton facial pads, they’re worse than you think
All those different types of disposable makeup remover wipes and pads might seem more convenient when they can actually be the culprit of acne and other problems with your skin. For sensitive skin, these can be especially abrasive and irritating when trying to remove stubborn makeup. Not to mention that they can break apart and leave small fibres or residue on the skin without a proper cleansing routine.
Treated chemically and mixed with synthetic fibres, these pads are not all compostable or even biodegradable. When used daily in multiple quantities, the amount of waste in our landfills quickly piles up with to the limited uses they have. Single-use cotton rounds appear inexpensive, but the cost to you and our environment adds up over time.
Reusable cotton rounds can be washed and reused many times and in many ways, without all the issues you’ll encounter with regular ones. They also come in different materials like organic cotton and bamboo, making them multi-purpose for every step in your skincare routine. Thus making them a more cost-effective option and even more convenient.
How do I use reusable cotton rounds?
Reusable cotton rounds can be used in the exact same way as single-use cotton rounds. Simply apply your desired product (such as makeup remover or toner) to the round and gently wipe it over your face. Once you're done, you can wash the cotton round by hand with soap and water and let it air dry or throw it into your washing machine with a mesh bag.
The rounds can be used multiple times and the amount of time they last can vary based on your usage but ultimately can be washed hundreds of times and eliminate frequent trips to the store to purchase new rounds. A much-needed eco-friendly swap to upgrade your bathroom and beauty routine.
Pair reusable cotton rounds with the right makeup remover to suit your skincare
From oily to sensitive skin, here are some of the best makeup removers to use with reusable cotton rounds:
- Micellar Water: Micellar water is a gentle and effective way to remove makeup. It is made up of tiny oil molecules called micelles that attract dirt, oil, and makeup, leaving your skin clean and refreshed. Simply soak a reusable cotton round in micellar water and gently wipe your face to remove makeup.
- Cleansing Balm: A cleansing balm is a thicker, oil-based cleanser that removes makeup and impurities while nourishing and hydrating the skin. Massage the balm into your skin and then wipe it off with a reusable cotton round.
- Oil Cleanser: An oil cleanser is another effective way to remove makeup. It dissolves makeup and impurities, leaving your skin clean and moisturized. Apply a few pumps of the oil cleanser onto a reusable cotton round and gently wipe your face.
- Milk Cleanser: A milk cleanser is a gentle and hydrating way to remove makeup. It is especially effective for dry or sensitive skin. Apply the milk cleanser onto a reusable cotton round and gently wipe your face to remove makeup.
- Gel Cleanser: A gel cleanser is a lightweight cleanser that removes makeup and impurities without stripping the skin of its natural oils. Apply the gel cleanser onto a reusable cotton round and gently massage it onto your skin to remove makeup.
Get the most out of your skincare routine
Choosing the right makeup remover is crucial for maintaining healthy, clear skin. Using a reusable cotton round is a great way to improve your skincare routine, reduce waste and be more environmentally friendly. With the above makeup removers to pair, you can effectively remove your makeup while keeping your skin healthy and glowing. Making the time and money you spend worth it.
Don’t wait, try reusable cotton rounds today! Including a free mesh bag while quantities last: