Nourishing Shampoo Bar (Unscented)
Designed for colour treated and sensitive hair types, this Nourishing Shampoo Bar is infused with our key ingredients, argan oil plus cocoa butter, and apricot oil to repair hair damage while extending the life of colour pigment.
Your heat-treated hair will be gently cleansed and nourished without having the colour pigment stripped. After consistent use, your hair will become healthier, stronger, and shinier.
Silicone Free, Paraben free, travel-friendly, vegan, cruelty-free
Long-lasting usage between 50-75 washes depending on hair density and volume
Made with European ECOCERT ingredients
Ready to freshen up with our bars? Visit our blog: Freshen Up with our Zero Waste Shampoo & Conditioner Bars
Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner Bar Set - Coloured or Sensitive Hair Type
handmade: all active ingredients, no dilution or additives
- plant-based and earth-friendly: natural and zero waste, light weight to reduce transportation carbon emissions
- proper pH: our bars are formulated to be between pH 4.8 and 5.5, at a level that protects hair from breakage (unlike high pH soap)
**to learn more about each ingredient and its uses, visit: Freshen Up with our Zero Waste Shampoo & Conditioner Bars **
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate - derived from coconut oil
- Decyl Glucoside - ecocert vegan biodegradable surfactant
- Lactic Acid (sodium lactate)
- LexFeel N (diheptyl succinate + capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer)*
- Argan Oil (argania spinosa kernel oil)
- Cocoa Butter (theobroma cacao seed butter)
- Hydrolyzed Oats
- Vitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
- Kaolin Clay (kaolin)
*ecocert vegan alternative to dimethicone
**before using, test on a small area of skin. discontinue use if irritation occurs.**
- thoroughly wet your hair
- roll the bar in your wet hands or use a soap bag to work lather into scalp
- rinse thoroughly
note: a concentrated formula, so a little goes a long way!
- place on top of a soap dish to keep it dry
- if used with soap bags, place in well ventilated areas (outside the shower)
- this is crafted in an environment that use nut oils
- not for consumption
- tested effective even when using hard water
- if it's your first time using shampoo & conditioner bars, it will take some days or weeks to transition
- adjust the volume of product and frequency of applying to find the right balance
- argan oil, cocoa butter, kaolin clay, and hydrolyzed oats to effectively help calm and cleanse the scalp, balance oil production to help with dandruff, and smooth damaged hair
Free Shipping over CA$50/US$35.
CUTTING PLASTIC OUT OF THE BATHROOM
While much more common to use, our liquid shampoos and conditioners contain chemicals that are not only harmful to our hair and scalp but toxic to our wildlife, especially the aquatic community.
Adding the unnecessary plastic and water, making the switch to a plant-based is an easy win for our environment, and your wallet!
Natural vs Plastic
Queer, BIPOC and Woman-owned
"From production to packaging, we intentionally explore low-impact, plant-based materials that perform better than plastic. Being makers ourselves, we also work with other makers here in Canada & US to develop zero-waste products
Through trial and error, we establish best practices of using, caring and disposing of the products to share with our community"
My shipment arrived quickly and everything looked great. I've been wanting to try shampoo/conditioner bars for awhile so I grabbed some while I had a discount code and free shipping. I have used them five times so far and I LOVE them! For context, my hair is undyed, slightly longer than pixie length and typically runs on the dry side. I also have a water softener in my home. My hair feels so good after using these bars! The shampoo bar lathers well and rinses quickly. The conditioner bar doesn't feel thick like bottle conditioner when applied so I wondered if I'd used enough since I wasn't feeling it in my hair, but once my hair was dry it was super soft! One of my students complimented me on my hair cut yesterday and I didn't GET a haircut or so I guess my hair is looking good! Will definitely be buying these again!
This is the first shampoo bar I've tried. We've used it for a week and so far it seems great! It lathers up well, which was my main concern, so it's easy to use. After using (liquid) conditioner, I can't tell any difference from my 'special' shampoo on my hair (which is long, curly, and dyed). My partner says it works fine on his short, fine hair, too. I've been meaning to take this step to further reduce plastic for a while and I'm happy I took the plunge!
This shampoo works well. I don't know that I've necessarily seen any increased benefits in the feel of my hair in comparison with previous shampoos, but it works at the same quality of liquid shampoos I'm used to without all the plastic. I don't think the wash bags are very useful to me. I prefer to store mine in a tin to keep it from getting wet when I'm not using it in the shower.