All About Our Dual Layer Bamboo Soap Dish!
- What's the purpose of a soap dish?
- What's the best environmental-friendly material for a soap dish?
- Where do I put a soap dish?
- How do you clean a bamboo soap plate?
- What can I do to ensure my bar soap lasts longer?
You might already have a soap dish or maybe you’ve seen your neighbours, parents, siblings or strangers use them and are curious about it. We’ve gotten so many questions lately about bamboo soap holder so I thought this would be a great way to answer all of your dying questions!
GOOD NEWS: IT'S RESTOCKED!
What’s the purpose of a soap dish?
The most obvious reason is it keeps your countertops and surrounding areas dry and clean. Without one, it can leave behind a big wet mess.
Moreover, if you are considering the switch to a low-waste lifestyle, you will definitely be using a soap rack.
Bar products are essential to reducing plastic packaging; without a solid soap holder, your bar soap/shampoo/conditioner will be soaked in water getting mushy and eventually wasted.
A soap dish that does its job (well) should keep your bar products intact and your space tidy!
What’s the most eco-friendly material for a soap dish?
Soap dish can be made out of different materials such as:
❌ plastic (no thanks)
❌ metal (can rust, not about that)
❌ regular wood (can easily crack and questionable sustainability)
Bamboo is a highly renewable resource that grows profusely around the world. it is the fastest growing plant in the world and can grow up to 35 inch/day or 1.5 inch/hr. How cool is that? 😯
Like this Dual-Layer Bamboo Soap Dish - it is made out of bamboo with a natural coating. It has two layers: one rack directly touches the soap and the tray collects water. No more mess. This design will ensure your shampoo and soap bars dry (add some aesthetics to your house!). There's nothing like this in the market.
A very small easy switch from liquid soap to bar soap with a natural soap holder is LIFE CHANGING and eco-friendly!
Did you know these facts about bar products...
- Plastic liquid soap requires approximately 20x more energy for packaging than bar soaps do.
- Liquid shampoo, laundry detergent, dish soap bottles are non-concentrated and made of 90% of water which limits the amount of space on the trucks that transport these products and creates more carbon emissions.
- Bar products are extremely cost-efficient! 1 shampoo bar usually replaces up 3 plastic liquid bottles and 1 solid dish soap replaces up to 3-5 bottles of liquid soaps.
Where do I put a soap dish?
Soap containers are normally kept in or near the sink, bathtub or shower. Most are made of waterproof material such as plastic, metal, ceramic which tend to break easily when dropped. However Plantish’s bamboo dual-layer soap dish is lightweight and durable.
🧼 How do you clean a bamboo soap plate?
To care for the soap dish and prevent build-up, we recommend:
1) Rinse with water after each use and wipe to dry
2) Dry it outdoors once to twice every week and alternate with different soap dish
3) Use water-vinegar solution to clean any mold
4) Place away from high heat or flames
What can I do to ensure my bar soap lasts longer?
Well, invest in a soap dish first!
Another suggestion is to get a biodegradable soap bag! This is the best way to stash all those tiny bits and pieces of soap you have left over. All you need to do is build up a collection of soap bars and once the bag is full, you’re good to go. Then, you can scrub the soap pouch to later up foam to use on the body or use directly on the body as a washcloth.
And that's about it, everything you need to know about using a Bamboo Soap Dish!
Feeling convinced yet?
- Tags: Soap Dish